Saturday, May 31, 2014

III/34b Andalusian

710 AD - 1172 AD

DBA 2.2


I suspect this army pack is actually for DBA ver 2.0 (2001) or 1.1 (1995) or even going back to (1990) ver1.0? There are new Essex Andalusian figures available today but didn't get them in this army pack :o(  i.e. Latest 15mm Essex Andalusian Cavalry and Infantry Miniatures.


Army Composition: 1 x (Gen) 3Cv, 1 x 3Cv, 2 x 2Lh, 6 x 2Ps, and 2 x 4Sp elements

Update: DBA 3.0 Army

I found out that one of the 1 x 2Ps can be replaced with 1 x 3Kn, 1 x 4Cb (crossbow) or 1 x 4Sp
which is great, by adding the Knights to this army it will give that extra "punch" element to the Andalusian cavalry force.

1 x General (Cv), 

1 x ghulam or Andalusian cavalry (Cv), 
2 x mujahids (LH), 
1 x Christian guard (3Kn or 4Cb) or African Guard (Sp), 
2 x archers or slinger's (Ps),
3 x Berber javelinmen (Ps)
2 x Andalusian or African spearmen (Sp)

Historical Enemies: To name a few, Later Visigoths, Carolingian, Sicilian, Vikings, Normans, Fanatic Berber and I believe Andalusian fought among themselves.


These 15mm Essex miniatures paint up well and quick, the main battle line are the spearmen and Cavalry (3Cv) including the General to hold the center. There a lot of light troops to help cover/protect the flanks of this army, usage of terrain features on the battle ground board by the Andalusian skirmishers is crucial to slow down and harass approaching enemy elements... anyway on to the figures

Some of the photos came out a bit fuzzy - blur sorry about that!



Army Arrayed









General




Line Cavalry




Light Horse






Spearmen






Javelins and Slingers






African Muslims Javelins and Slingers




Chestnut Andalusian Horse



32 comments:

  1. Yet another superb army! Truly magnificently painted and based. Impressive work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean, appreciate for your kind words and visit!

      cheers,

      Delete
  2. Your collection of armies is really impressive...another great looking one, your paint job on the clothes is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, appreciate for your kind words, I think I may have over did it painting to much detail? but still I'm happy how they look and turned out.....

      cheers,

      Delete
  3. Amazing level of detail on this army , always impressive considering the scale !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, well I hope to paint 25mm/28mm as I do with my 15's waiting for my order of 28mm Italian Wars - Italians,Swiss and Landsknecht Pikemen,Crossbow men etc to arrive thanks to your influence! ;o)

      cheers,

      Delete
    2. So I'm your excuse for burning a whole in your pocket!!!
      Italian wars is a great era, I am sure you will do a good job and love painting them .
      Cheers

      Chris

      Delete
    3. That's right ;o) Chris and you going to pay the shipping costs as well! just kidding :op

      I am looking forward to work on the 28mm Italian wars project during this year or when ever? :o)

      cheers,

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a fantastic army! The brushwork on both the shields and robes is quite eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan for your kind words and visit, much appreciated! ;o)

      cheers,

      Delete
  5. Another stunner…your shield work and robes are superb! I saw the key words "to have a chance" and laughed.

    I hate to pry professional secrets but can I ask what kind of brush you use to get such perfect and small circles? Is it a spotter brush? I have 2 I bought last year but they curled very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty! ;o) glad you like the "to have a chance" punch line ;o)

      I have no secrets ;o) willing to share - you got it! I use spotter brushes

      American Painter Spotter Brush 4650
      LC4650-0
      LC4650-3/0
      LC4650-4/0

      I also prefer to work with natural sun light, no artificial lighting - that's right :o) I work better during spring/summer not so good during Fall/Winter

      cheers,

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much Phil. Good tools and a rock steady hand. That is you!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher, much appreciated! ;o)

      soon I will post my 15mm Early Bedouin and Kushite Egyptains Armies.

      cheers,

      Delete
  7. The shields and saddleblankets are excellent, very eye catching

    Phil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, How is your Pyrrhic Campaign coming along?

      kind regards,

      Delete
    2. Hi Phil

      We played round 2 last week, I have the write up done, just waiting for Ed to do his white-dwarf style maps and it will be ready to post. Another victory for Pyrrhus, but just a minor one this time.

      Phil

      Delete
    3. checked out your AAR .... marvelous!

      Delete
  8. Marvelous army; the shield patterns are awesome!

    I especially look forward to seeing your Kushites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter much appreciated, I will post the Kushites soon need to take some more photos :o)

      cheers,

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous Andalusians Phil - really colourful with superb detail on the shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike for your words, I'm pleased with this army as well, they do look pretty! :o)

      Delete
  10. very good painting
    they seem arab thanks to your excellent choice of color and pattern !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marco I appreciate your kind thoughts and words... you must be busy with real life/work, I haven't seen any thing new at your blog lately...

      cheers,

      Delete
  11. Great Looking army:-)

    Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Jason, I appreciate your visit and comment.... cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phil, these were a big hit! And I did nominate you for a Liebster. http://twincitiesfieldofglory.blogspot.com/2014/06/la-la-la-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty, I appreciate your nomination and congrats on yours as well!

      cheers,

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...