Sunday, June 22, 2014

I/6b Early Bedouin

3000 BC - 312 BC

DBA 2.2

Army Composition: 1 x (Gen) 3Ax, LCh or 3Cm, 6 x 3Ax, 5 x 2Ps

Historical Enemies: Early Egyptians, Mitanni, Canaanite, Ugaritic, Kassite, Later Babylonian, New Kingdom Egyptians, Hittite, Assyrians, Hebrew, Philistine and Later Aramaean.

This Army took me no time at all to prepare/clean and paint the figures and it was fun finishing off these guys. I used Craft smart Brown Acrylic paint as the primer of the bases and light Ivory for the dry brushing and used white paint over the little stones/rocks. I think I may went over board again with the tall "bull grass" ;o)

anyway, I found out that in the up coming DBA 3.0 rules/army list the Early Bedouins (b) are completely different in composition to the DBA 2.2 army list!..oh well.. I'm not that fussy ;o)

DBA 3.0
1 x General (3Cm)
4 x Camelry (3Cm)
4 x Javelinmen (3Ax)
1 x Archers (2Ps)
2 x Slingers or Javelinmen (2Ps)

I need to put together 4 more Camel elements (12 more figures) I tried using camel cigarettes that didn't work :op but um...anyway.. I based the Chariot model on a 40mm x 60mm stand as an experiment, a test, to see what it would look like with the extra room for the chariot to fit in nicely, not bad, easy to handle and little more appealing, but under the 3.0 army list a Bedouin General cannot be a "Chariot or Auxilia" so by joining the chariot and Auxilia elements together this will represent my camp for the army!


Army Arrayed






General as Light Chariot



General as Mounted Camel


General as Auxilia


Auxilia (Spearmen)




Psiloi - Slingers


Psiloi - Archers





19 comments:

  1. Excellent Early Bedouins Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking force Phil. Used to play DBA/DBM some in the mid 90's, but my days of painting those little guys are far gone now... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason, I'm currently working on some 28mm Italian Wars Renaissance Pikemen I would be very interested what your comments and others think about my painting of 28's for a change :o)

      Delete
  3. Another fantastic looking army, Master of the period!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;o) Thanks Phil! appreciate your visit and kind words...

      Delete
  4. Splendid Phil. More fantastic 15mm ancients

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, soon I will have some Swiss Pikemen for your thoughts! :o)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, this a cute little "light" army to paint and play..

      cheers,

      Delete
  6. Wonderful biblical army! I do love the chariot best of all, and the tall grass It's perrfect for what looks to be a hit and run skirmish army. I'd be fascinated to hear about DBA 3 versus the prior version in a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monty, I have I got some news for you, finish cleaning/preparing New Kingdom Egyptians lots of chariots! :o)

      well 2.2+ are the best DBA rules ever! I have download the free pdf file 3.0 rules at TMP
      http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=350558 thanks to Sue Baker which is really nice thing to do, but anyway nothing exciting about 3.0 some minor changes but nothing new, I'm more interested and looking forward to the Army lists in DBA 3.0

      cheers,

      Delete
    2. Interesting, thanks for that Phil. Looking forward to the NKE!

      Delete
  7. Yet more impressive 15mm goodness coming from your blog!

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christopher much appreciated! all the best to you Sir!

      cheers,

      Delete
  8. Nice army; the camels are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete, I like the Camels as well, I manage to find in my lead mountain 9 more Camels of this period which I was so pleased, need 3 more though to complete the mandatory 4 x 3Cm under DBA 3.0 Army list.

      Delete
  9. Fabulous work as always, Phil. And I also really like those camels. Your basing is also very nice. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...