Saturday, July 1, 2023

28mm Macedonian Successors


48 painted 28mm Crusader Miniatures Macedonian Successors pike units. Sheild transfers by Little big man studios and wire plikes by North Star. The minis are mounted on 40mm x 40mm Litko plywood bases. I am planning using 5 inch hexes (credit goes to "Cyrus" Mike (at bucellarii.blogspot.com) for his recommendation) 5 inch hexes are a perfect size to fit units in plus enough room to place any markers,generals etc. depending which wargaming rules sets are used. 

My intentions are to play CCA (commands colors ancients) game system. I'm not sure about cavalry, should I base 2 figures on 3 single 40mm x 50mm/60mm to create (3 strength) 6 figure cavalry units?  Currently working on more heavy inafantry,light infantry etc...and draw up the 5 inch hex gaming map! or I simply travel 4 hour drive to Jonathan's place at Spokane to play battles on his hexes table :o)

 more later, Thanks Guys!

















11 comments:

  1. Super work, Phil!

    I use 5 inch hexes for my Impetvs hex-based rules. With each unit having a 120mm frontage, 5-inch hexes are perfect and will accommodate 3x40mm bases for you.

    Of course, you are always welcome for a CCA game on this side of the State!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jon!
      yep I agree with you by basing my 4 x 28mm ancients minitures on 40mm x 40mm for infantry and 2 bases of 4,3,2 cavalry figures on 60mm frontages would be ideal to cover CCA,Impetvs ,Hail Ceasar and other rules sets. The 5 inch hexes for 28mm figures are the way to go

      Delete
  2. They look great Phil. I'd love to see another AAR following another trip to Jonathan's. An eight hour round trip is a bit of a hike though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil must drive mighty fast if he can make the one way trip in four hours.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lawrence!
      5-10 hours round trip drive to Spokeee in a day will be to much
      planning on a 4-5 day visit my niece and Jon not in that order :o)

      Delete
  3. Excellent pike Phil! I use six figure (Cataphracts, HC & MC) and four figure (LC) cavalry units based on 25mm x 50mm bases. It depends on what other rules you play, you might want 60mm DBX basing with 4, 3 and 2 cavalry figures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! much appreciated I will go for 60mm frontages for cavalry with 4,3,2 figures thanks again!

      Delete
  4. Lovely colors, they look superb...and very disciplined!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...